Sewing Machines with Embroidery function are extremely popular and available. There is huge demand for Best Embroidery Machines in the market based on their functionalities. This is going to be a full fledge review about them.
What is Embroidery Machine?
An embroidery machine is equipment that generates diversely designed patterns on a fabric. It is not only used in fashion industry for the embellishment of various outfits and for other home decors but is also used for product branding and corporate advertising at a commercial level. Embroidery machines are a good source to add elegance, attraction and grace to any fabric to sew. There are 5 types of embroidery machines which are as follows:
5 Types of Embroidery Machines :
- Free-motion machine embroidery
- Computerized embroidery machine
- Single head Embroidery Machine
- Multi head Embroidery Machine
- Schiffli Embroidery Machine
Best Embroidery Machines Reviewed in 2019:
Top Embroidery machines reviewed for your ease ; Keep in mind that this list has been prepared by careful observation of popular embroidery machines in the market for August 2019.
Brother SE400 Combination Computerized Sewing and 4×4 Embroidery Machine
- Sew, quilt, embroider. It not only allows you to copy paste your imaginations in a smoother way but this embroider machine fascinates you with its wide variety of sewing functions along with its 4×4 inch embroidery abilities.
- It features Easy-to-view back-lit touch screen LCD display and provides opportunity to use 67 unique sewing stitches and 70 built- in embroidery styles with 5 lettering fonts.
- Serves you best with its Computer connectivity for transferring thousands of embroidery designs bought from iBroidery.com and other related sites, and for modernizing your machine in the future
- Contains One-touch automatic thread cutter that cuts your top and bobbin thread conveniently; Lighting : 1 LED
- Comes with a Bilingual user manual and gives 25-year limited warranty along with free phone support for the durability and maintenance of the product. We do not suggest you to use this machine in countries that don’t tolerate 120V AC even if a voltage adapter is in use.
- Not difficult to switch from sewing to embroidery
- Nice pre-loaded fonts
- Wide variety of stitches
- Self-threading needle
- Great quality of touch screen
- Numbers on machine help you in correct threading.
- Limited4x4 inch hoop size.
Brother PE770 5×7 inch Embroidery machine
- It is a quite serviceable machine with its expanded 5 inch x 7 inch field area and back lit LCD display screen. Amuse yourself with the provided sufficient space for larger designs and lettering, and combine designs with minimal rehooping. This embroidery machine allows you to conveniently view your designs and editing options on the large, back lit display before sewing.
- Includes 136 built-in embroidery designs and 6 lettering fonts. Designs comprise of elegant scrollwork, floral, and quilt patterns along with 10 frame shapes and 12 border styles. Troubleshooting steps are available on pg 74 of the user manual.
- It is furnished with wide variety of practical design options and built-in memory. You can also transfer designs through your USB memory stick by inserting in USB port, or memory card designs with the built-in card slot. store your bought or custom modified designs to built-in memory, for future usage.
- Brother PE770 5×7 inch Embroidery machine offers you design editing quite comprehensively. Before stitching you can rotate mirror-image, increase and decrease the size of your designs, and see how your edited design seems on the large, easy-view back lit LCD display.
- It is an extremely authentic machine that serves you with easy threading of both top thread and bobbin and also features auto thread cutter, for continuous stitching and precision thread trimming. Please note: this machine is not proposed to be used in countries that do not bear 120V AC, even if a voltage adapter is in use.
- Great quality embroidery designs
- USB port
- Bright display
- Very responsive touch screen
- Best for beginners.
- Contains no basic software.
SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960
- The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 portable sewing machine possess multiple features that can be easily operated and allow you to accomplish your dream projects. It is equipped with wide variety of stitches including basic, stretch and decorative stitches that aid you in fashion sewing, quilting, home decor and crafting. It also allows you to select fonts to personalize projects!
- Threading the machine is just a breeze that you can thread the whole machine from spool to needle’s eye within seconds. Eye of the needle gets threaded by built-in needle threader thus preventing your eye from any sort of strain.
- The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine is furnished with 600 Built-In Stitches including 5 Alphanumeric Fonts and 13 built-in 1-Step Buttonholes with classic Buttonhole Under plate. It also serves you with its Mirror Imaging and Stitch Elongation thus allowing to complete your project in a more artistic way.
- This sewing machine helps you with its greatest sewing speed of 850 stitches per minute, so that you can sew your projects at a faster rate.
- A wide range of accessories are included in the package such as all-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot with underplate, button sewing foot, blind hem foot, satin stitch foot, open toe foot, overcasting foot, darning and embroidery foot, rolled hem foot, cording foot, straight stitch/quilting foot, even feed / walking foot.
- It is equipped with electronic auto pilot. Just detach the foot control, press the Start button and the machine will start. Although, you are still in complete control over the speed – just slide the Speed Lever to set the required maximum sewing speed.
- 25 years limited warranty.
- Can easily handle and sew heaviest material
- Impressive and decent quilting stitch
- Awesome electronic thread cutter
- Auto needle threader
- Ideal speed control.
- Hand wheel becomes hard.
Brother XR9500PRW Limited Edition Sewing & Embroidery Machine
- Includes 100 built-in utility, decorative and heirloom stitches, each with maximum stitch functions.
- Gives you marvellously wide (7mm) zigzag and decorative stitches.
- Contains Built In Sewing Font for Basic Monogramming.
- Brother XR9500PRW Project Runway Sewing Machine is equipped with an immense Wide Table for Quilting and to handle and fulfill Larger Projects. Package contains hard cover as well.
- We do not nominate this machine in countries that do not support 120V AC even if a voltage adapter is in attached.
- Extra accessories are stored in a section on the arm of the machine.
- Automatic needle threader
- Easy drop in bobbin system
- A lot of stitches
- Machine tells you which presser foot to be used for a specific stitch
- Speed control switch
- Machine has endless possibilities.
- Cannot handle a stretchy fabric.
Brother Designio Series DZ820E – Best Embroidery Machine on the Deal
- The DZ820E contains two additional embroidery hoops (4×4 inch and 2.5×1 inch), a starter kit and 200 extra embroidery designs on a CD. In fact, everything you require to start embroidering is available in this package. More than a $200 cost!
- Provides you with 136 built-in embroidery designs that you can customize also. Serves you with 6 lettering fonts and 120 frame pattern combinations to give an up to date look to your fashion designing projects.
- Watch built-in tutorials and design modifying features exactly on the easy-to-use back-lit LCD touch screen LCD display.
- Furnished with complete set of designer accessories and is iBroidery.com compatible! Download over 5,000 peculiar designs, provided for individual purchase.
- The valid and mechanical easy needle threading system and automatic thread cutting definitely saves time.
- It is not recommended to use this machine in countries that do not tolerate 120V AC even if a voltage adapter is in use.
- 650 stitches per minute in a decent speed
- Extra bobbins and accessories included
- Easy bobbin winding
- Balanced tensions
- 5×7 hoop is large enough for most embroideries.
- Monochrome screen is difficult to identify design.
Brother PE525 Embroidery Machine
- Enables you to decorate your fabrications through embroidery. It is the one and only model of Brother that offers you only embroidery along with easy usage and quick learning.
- Provides you with 4 x 4 inch embroidery area
- Contains an Easy-to-view back-lit touch screen LCD display that demonstrates 70 built-in embroidery designs, with 5 lettering fonts
- Brother PE525 Embroidery Machine serves you with its Computer connectivity that allows import of thousands of embroidery designs bought from iBroidery.com and other sites, and for modernizing your machine for future use. Package contains Bilingual user manual and machine comes with 25-year limited warranty with free phone technical support for the continuity of the product. Also includes Built-in designs – 70 designs, 5 font styles for lettering and monogramming and 120 frame pattern combinations
- LCD measures(inches): 2.7 x 1.4.
- Easy to use
- Computer compatible
- Ideal embroidery machine for beginners
- You cannot go back when a thread breaks, so gaps in stitches come
- Does small size embroidery
Brother PE540D 4×4 Embroidery Machine
- Beautify your formations with Disney Mickey Mouse & Friends embroidery! It is quite effortless to learn and use, embroidery-only model from Brother, facilitates you with its 4×4 embroidery area.
- Serves you best with its 35 built-in Disney embroidery designs, 70 decorative designs, 5 embroidery lettering fonts, 120 frame pattern combinations
- It is equipped with Easy-to-view back-lit touch screen LCD display that helps you to see your designs and built-in tutorials.
- You can transfer thousands of embroidery designs, through its computer connectivity that are bought from iBroidery.com and other sites, and for upgrading your machine in the future.
- Brother PE540D 4×4 Embroidery Machine Includes multiple accessories such as 4×4 embroidery hoop, needle set, bobbins, bobbin thread, USB cable and many more. It is definitely a fast machine that gives you up to 400 stitches per minute thus producing more artistic work in minimal time.
- Great for small projects
- Easy to thread
- Threading sequence is printed on machine
- Downloads designs from internet
- Produces nice results
- Breaks needle easily
- Tension does not remain consistent
SINGER Futura XL-580 sewing and embroidery machine – Best sewing and embroidery machine
- The SINGER Futura XL-580 sewing and embroidery machine contains 215 popular built-in sewing stitches with two completely automatic one-step buttonholes and also boasts 250 built-in embroidery styles with five fonts and outline lettering.
- Covers the sewing surface with light thus making it easier to view your work and reduces frustration of eyes.
- Just direct the thread from the spool to the needle area through a single groove and thread the needle by pressing the threading lever for convenient needle threading.
- Make artistic changes in your embroidery on your computer screen. Mix various designs into one design file and add lettering to customize your embroidery.
- The SINGER FUTURA XL-400 sewing and embroidery machine possesses every worthy feature you love about your SINGER sewing machine, added exactly into an embroidery machine. It’s never been a breeze to add the personal touches that make your sewing projects more adorable. Mechanical features add convenience and let your creativity lead the way.
- WARRANTY: The SINGER Futura XL-400 comes with 25 years lifetime warranty.
- Giant machine requires giant workplace.
- Incredibly white light.
- Easy to set up.
- Very Easy to thread.
- Process of drop in bobbin is very easy.
- Large hoop does not hold the material.
Benefits of using an Embroidery Machine:
With the help of embroidery machines, a housewife can easily add charm to clothes, carpets, cushions and curtains of her house. In this way she not only gets chance to satisfy her hobbies but also succeeds in giving professional look to her household accessories as the productions of these machines do not reflect incompetence.
Embroidery Machines also help with sew and other small things
Embroidery machines serve you with their versatility. They can also sew and overcast besides embroidering in required cases thus saving your money from being invested in another sewing machine. Again they can serve you with quilting, applique and much more.
They came at cheap price
Embroidery machines range from $350 to onwards and this is not at all a higher price in order to achieve lot of embroidery products at home. Moreover, you will also be given wide range of accessories with it including needles, threads and bobbins so not a big deal. However, the more high the price will go, the more latest and upgraded product you will receive.
Time is Money :
Time is money, by saving more time, you can produce more and with increased production, you can sell more. So embroidery machine is a greatest industrial revolution that uses less time while giving maximal outcomes. It is definitely a computerised and sophisticated fact which also served as the best replacement of hand sewing due to its less time consuming benefit.
Embroidery machines majorly reduce risks of personal errors. All the creative skill of the machine embroidery process goes into the design stage: when you are producing and modifying the design file you will use to embroider the apparel.
Once the design is completed, all you have to do is load it into the machine. All the copies regenerated by the machine will be identical. Embroidery machines are a certain and reliable source to produce commercial and industrial goods that meet higher quality requirements as well.
Features to Look Before Buying an Embroidery Machine?
Either you are a beginner at embroidery or a professional embroider, try your best to opt for that equipment which is 100% suitable for your requirement.
Go with a well known brand for Embroidery Machine :
Always prefer a well-known and reliable brand. You can also do a research about the specific manufacturer through its blog. Also give prime focus to a dealer that he should be quite passionate and devoted towards his field in order to make you lucky enough to receive all the needed and timely customer service and support thus making you contended with your purchase.
Find out your real purpose :
Do consider your basic purpose. Whether you need an embroidery machine for home use or to run a business. Commercial machines are the best options to run a business as they are designed accordingly to furnish you with mass production without any interruption through continuous hours of operation.
Does it have all the required features you need :
Also check either you selected machine contains all the required features or not like needle threader, pressure sensor, automatic thread cutter and much more.
Examine the amount of space between the needle and machine body which is called Throat Width. If it is wide enough then it serves you with ample space to move around and helps you in quilting.
Does it also offer Sewing?
Your embroidery machine should perform both functions that of embroidery and sewing. In this way it will prevent you from buying another machine for sewing thus saving your money.
Hoop sizes must be given deep consideration. If your greatest hoop size is 100 x 100, it bounds the size of hoop embroidery designs.
Optional/ Addon Accessories
There must be optional accessories added in your package like different presser feet, a quilting table and many more that can be added or removed according to your demand.
Can you connect it to a computer
The embroidery machine must possess the technology that allows it to get connected to computer or should be capable to load files from thumb drive in order to get unique stitches and design files.
Does the Embroidery Machine have an Digitising Program?
Sometimes you want to customise or alter a design to make your fabric look more creative and artistic. Do investigate whether your selected equipment offers you a suitable and ideal digitising program or not.
Some machines also come with one owner’s class and other refresher classes in which you receive basic guidelines about the functioning of machine. These will definitely help you in getting used to your newly purchased item.
Give priority to that model which comes with a warranty along with a time saving and reliable customer service.
A sturdily manufactured embroidery machine is a preferable option so that it could last longer as it is going to be one of your major investments.
Make an inquiry from your dealer about the availability of spare parts of your chosen product. If market lacks in spare parts then your machine could push you in deep regrets.
The selected embroidery machine must be effortless to use and maintain.
Frequently Asked Questions on Embroidery Machines
Whats the difference between Embroidery Machines and Sewing Machines?
Both of them have a different purpose, although there are some sewing machines which can also do the embroidery work. An embroidery machine usually work to make designs on already done fabric while sewing machine is primarily used to sew two or more then two pieces of fabric together.
What are the types of embroidery we can do?
You can do Stranded Embroidery Cotton / embroidery floss. 1 Stranded Embroidery Cotton / embroidery floss and even the list goes on.
What is the best embroidery machine for monogramming?
The best machine as per my opinion is : Brother SE400 Computerized Sewing Machine.
What is the best sewing embroidery machine to buy?
If you ask as per the value of money and the thing which produces finest results and lasts longer, my suggestion is to go with Brother SE400 or go with SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960.
How much does a good embroidery machine cost?
The price varies and go around $300 to up to $1000 for a good machine with functions and after sales support.
What embroidery machine is best for beginners?
If you are a beginner and looking for a good embroidery machine with majority functions which you can do easily, go with Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine.
How much does a commercial embroidery machine cost?
As per ricoma, typicall commerical embroidery machine may cost around $12,000 to up to $20,000.
Does embroidery machines have a USB port?
Yes now a days most of them comes with a USB port.
- Best Embroidery Machine For Hats : Brother SE1900
- Overall Favourite : Brother SE400
- Best for Beginners: SINGER Futura XL-580
Conclusion and Ending on Embroidery Machines 2019:
Best Embroidery machines are a greatest source to create amazing designs and to add artistic touch to a dull product. Now days, embroidery is a dominating aspect of any item that not only increases beauty but the value of product and cloth as well. Purchasing an embroidery machine is one of your greatest investments that you make.so a skilled, educational, technical and professional approach is required to make a wise selection.