A heavy duty sewing machine is one which is not lightweight and portable equipment. It helps you to sew denim and leather, create buttonholes, upholstery and facilitates you while quilting.
Best heavy duty sewing machines reviewed for 2020:
Below is the list of top heavy duty sewing machines reviewed which can carry heavy tasks for ease of the user. This list of sewing machine is created after a thorough review of some of the industry’s finest machines for August 2019
Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine
- It is a value-packed machine which is ideal to sew wide variety of stitching and quilting projects in a versatile manner. Accessories can be easily stored inside a section on the arm of the sewing machine
- LCD display also depicts some settings which help you in the stitch selection and provide you with the guidance related to adjustment of stich length and width.
- This sewing machine is equipped with a stop/start button that enables its user to operate without using included foot control. Also serves you best with its variable speed control for convenient adjustment of your sewing speed
- Also includes Jam-resistant Quick-set top drop-in bobbin that makes setting and approaching your bobbin thread an easy task. Discourages any sort of fishing for your bobbin thread. Accessories are stored in a compartment on the arm of the sewing machine.
- Comes with a Bilingual user manual and 25-year limited warranty along with free phone support for the maintenance of the product. We do not suggest you to use this machine in countries that do not support 120V AC even if a voltage adapter is attached.
- Multiple stitches and presser feet
- Feeds a fabric smoothly
- Extreme convenience in making buttonholes
- Threading and winding bobbin are quite easier
- A quiet machine
- Lovely decorative stitches
- Annoyingly lightweight that it creeps while sewing
- Problematic tension but can be managed
Brother ST371HD Strong and Tough Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
- It is unquestionably a multi skilled, durable and reliable machine which is designed to manage variations in fabric weights and thicknesses, from numerous layers of weighty apparels and other outdoor projects to lightweight silks.
- Heavy duty characteristics include metal needle plate for smoother feeding, heavyweight needles, metal thread hook, spring action zigzag foot for thick seams and nonstick foot for suede and other fabrics
- Brother ST371HD Strong and Tough Sewing Machine also contains 37 unique built-in stitches, Metal Needle Plate, Heavyweight Needles and 6 Sewing Feet including blind hem, decorative, zigzag and stretch stitches along with one-step auto-size buttonholer for making flawless buttonholes
- Also serve you best with its 6 quick-change sewing feet that comprise of spring action zigzag, nonstick, zipper, blind stitch, buttonhole and button sewing feet. Other features that add convenience in sewing include built-in needle threader, jam-resistant Quick-Set drop-in top bobbin and brightly lit LED work area.
- Greatest Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute)-800
- Easy to set
- Quick threading
- Sew heavier fabrics easily
- Pedal is easier to use for control
- Reverse stitch works great
- Gives Uniform and tight stitches
- Substandard light
SINGER 191D-30 Heavy Duty Sewing machine
- it features sewing machine head, motor, and a completely flocked together single-pedal stand
- SINGER 191D-30 Complete Industrial Commercial-Grade Straight-Stitch Sewing Machine serves you best with its Extra-high stitching speed and sews almost six times quicker than a traditional domestic sewing machine thus enabling you to finish your projects speedily.
- Its heavy-duty motor allows you to sew multiple layers of fabric effortlessly and without any complication.
- Hands-free raising and lowering of the presser foot gets encouraged by attached knee lifter.
- It is designed for numerous purposes and is functional for a wide range of straight-stitch sewing applications
- Comes mainly assembled
- A quiet machine
- Can sew several layers of thick fabrics
- Runs uncontrollably fast and needs practice to get adjusted
Benefits of buying Heavy Duty Sewing Machine:
Heavy duty machines are made up of stainless steel and brass instead of plastic which guarantees their durability.
They don’t creep
They do not creep while you sew thus making your task less annoying and enabling you to head towards accomplishment of your project in a smoother way.
Allow you to sew through multiple layers of denim, leather and other thick apparels in an efficient and elegant way so that you can sew blankets and various sorts of purses at your own. Presence of a powerful motor in these sorts of machines helps you to do so.
Heavy duty machines also handle a delicate fabric in a very professional way so you can benefit yourself from the versatility of these machines.
They serve you by giving consistent results with every sort of stitch due to their rigidness and sturdy body.
Minimum Maintenance :
These heavy duty workhorses require minimum maintenance and care as compare to other computerized machines due to absence of electronic mother boards and other electric parts and so can withstand random wear and tear.
Long Term Investment :
They also act as long term investment.
- The price you pay for a heavy duty machine is nothing for the services it offers to you.
- Heavy duty machines allow you to sew your large scale projects at a very faster rate thus skipping lesser number of stitches, as great speed is one of advantageous features of these machines.
Disadvantages of buying heavy duty sewing machine? :
Not Equipped with LED & LCD
Heavy duty machines are not equipped with LED and LCD screens that guide you about the usage of stitches and various other technicalities.
Heavy Duty Sewing Machines Comes at a Price
They are an expensive purchase for beginners as newcomers require extremely simple and basic machines along with automatic functions which are present at lower prices in the market.
Because of their heavy metal components, it is quite difficult to carry these machines from one place to another.
- Heavy duty machines do not include hundreds of stitches.
- Not at all suitable for beginners because they do not serve with automatic functions.
Additional Sites related to the topic.
- The Best Sewing Machines
- Get Best Embroidery Machines
- Best Sewing Machines For Beginners
- Sewing Machine For Kids
Conclusion and Ending on Heavy Duty Sewing Machines in 2020
This comprehensive review focuses on all aspects of information which you may need related to heavy duty sewing machines. All of the reviews are neutral and discussed both positive and negative aspects of the machine.