Factors to consider before buying industrial sewing machine:
An industrial sewing machine is the one that absolutely reflects its name. Sturdy construction, powerful motor, built to last for long and manufactured solely to accomplish professional sewing projects are the prime characteristics of such equipment.
When you intend to buy an industrial sewing machine, it definitely means that you have successfully turned over the chapter of a regular sewing machine and new phase of the sewing world is looking forward to you. As you are required to be extremely vigilant while purchasing any sort of sewing appliance, so opting for an industrial sewing machine also demands same level of observation and research and is not released from the criteria. So before you jump in the hassle, get learned about important factors regarding industrial sewing machines.
- First of all you will confront different classes of industrial sewing machines. Consider your requirement and proficiency level while selecting the type as these are distinct from each other in regard to the arm design and needle post. So in order to educate you about which sort will suit you best, four kinds of industrial sewing machines are briefly described below:
- Flatbed: this design is an imitation of an ordinary sewing machine as the arm and needle extend to the flat base of the appliance and facilitates you in sewing flat pieces of textile together.
- Cylinder-bed: these appliances contain a narrow, horizontal column right opposite to its flat base which facilitates passing of fabric around and beneath the column. The diameter of cylinder bed ranges from 5cm to 16cm.industrial sewing machines equipped with cylinder bed help its users in making cylindrical items like cuffs and also aid in dealing with bulky articles such as saddles and shoes.
- Post bed: post bed industrial sewing machines include bobbins, feed dogs and loopers in a vertical column that stands right above the flat base of machine. The length of the column varies from 10cm to 45cm. applications that face hurdles in approaching sewing area require post bed machine to get completed conveniently such as boot making and glove making.
- Off-the-arm: This category of industrial sewing machine is not a demanded product by the buyers. Users of this equipment are supposed to feed material along the axis of a horizontal column. It facilitates the sewers in making sleeve and shoulder seams.
- After making a final selection regarding the type of machine, you are now expected to select the quantity and type of feed mechanism in order to precede your purchasing sequence. One particular machine may offer more than one feed mechanism also. Normally, industrial sewing machines furnished with multiple feed capabilities are a way too expensive. Prominent types of feed mechanism along with their precise description are stated below:
- Drop feed: this common type of feed mechanism lies under the machine’s sewing surface.
- Needle feed: needle itself behaves as a feed mechanism in this specific type. This sort of feed not only reduces slippage but also enables its users to sew several layers of fabric.
- Walking foot: this feed capability involves replacement of the stationary presser foot with a foot that moves with the feed. This sort of practice allows the equipment to work effectively and productively on thick, spongy or cushioned materials.
- Puller feed: This kind of feed enables the machine to grip and pull straight-seamed material as it is sewn and acts functionally on big, heavy-duty materials such as canvas tents.
- Manual feed: The manual feed is controlled completely and thoroughly by the sewer and allows him to accomplish some personal tasks such as shoe repair, embroidery and quilting.
- Do not forget to consider application of your chosen article as well. For instance, on one hand some machines accompany automatic pocket setter while on the contrary, others come with pattern programmability or electronic eyelet buttonholers.
- Strength, design and quality of an industrial appliance are the perfect demonstration of the provided service. You can go for medium to heavy weight materials with sturdier equipment whereas base level industrial machines are quite suitable to deal with lighter materials.
- Remember to check the stitch type of your selected product before paying the final money. Great variety of stitches is widespread in the sewing industry, each utilizing number of threads ranging from one to seven. But despite of all the varieties, plain and simple stitches that further include lock, chain, over lock and cross stitch are mostly employed by industrial sewing machines.
- Size of the machine also plays an important role in the service and performance of the appliance. Larger machines are quite resourceful in serving their users with bigger bed size along with large clearance area under the foot.
- Yet another aspect that depicts the power of an industrial sewing machine is its speed. The appliance that produces more stitches in a minute is likely to be highly priced than the one which does not give great number of stitches per minute. So you are supposed to consider your requirement over here. Do not compromise over the cost of machine if more efficient article fulfills your demand.
- Last but not the least, always check the warranty of your selected machine. The manufacturer who does not stand behind their product for maximum years does not deserve any preference. So go for an appliance which is backed by prolonged warranty so that your investment can be influentially utilized.
Common material used in industrial sewing machine:
The framing of Industrial sewing machines comprises of cast iron and variety of other metals is utilized for their fittings. Steel, brass, and a number of alloys are employed to make specialized parts as these metals contribute effectively in yielding strong and well manufactured items that allow the machine to be used for longer hours in factory conditions. Some producers of industrial sewing appliances cast, machine, and tool their own metal ingredients; but dealers also supply above mentioned components as well as pneumatic, electric, and electronic elements. Read more: Click here
Best Industrial Leather Sewing Machines Reviewed
Conclusion on Best Industrial Leather Sewing Machines :
Buying an industrial leather sewing machine is a thoughtful process which requires extensive research and experience. I have summarised the list of best available machines in the market for industrial leather, hope you have a good experience.