Are sewing machines different for beginners then the normal people? then keep reading on best sewing machines for beginners article!
As a beginner, what you need most importantly in your machine is that it should be simple, effortless, uncomplicated and easy to use. Besides all these factors, do prioritise an inexpensive item as you can shift your investments from lower to a higher level according to your advancing requirements of more up to date features. This article is all about Best Sewing Machines For Beginners.
Best Sewing Machines For Beginners reviewed in 2019:
Sewing machines for beginners are without a doubt different from normal ones due to their extremely easy features, portability, lightweight feel and usage convenience. Prominently, they serve as a tutor for beginners. A beginner machine must not prove itself as a source of frustration for a new comer in stitching field rather it must be source of encouragement for new talent. Below you are going to see top Sewing machines reviewed for beginners for August 2019
Brother XM2701 Lightweight, Full-Featured Sewing Machine
- This machine is quite easy to use, value-packed and highly multi-purpose. Perfect for a great variety of everyday sewing projects and serves you with its 63 stitch functions
- It is equipped with 27 unique built-in stitches that comprise of decorative, blind hem, zigzag and stretch stitches along with one-step auto-size buttonholer for flawless buttonholes
- Brother XM2701 Lightweight sewing machine also contains 6 quick-change sewing feet, with buttonhole, zipper, zigzag, narrow hemmer, blind stitch and button sewing feet
- Its features are extremely effortless to use and include built-in needle threader, jam-resistant top drop-in bobbin and brightly lit LED work area. Stuffed with features, the XM2701 benefits its user through 27 built-in stitches, with 63 stitch functions
- The package comes with instructional DVD and a bilingual user manual along with 25 year limited warranty. We also offer you FREE technical help for the life of the product. We do not suggest you to use this machine in countries that do not support 120V AC even if a voltage adapter is attached.
- Simple and quick tensioning and threading.
- Plastic bobbin maker gives perfect tension.
- Plentiful stitches.
- Easy and simple.
- Uncomfortably lightweight.
- LED light is not bright enough.
SINGER | Start 1304 Best Sewing Machine For Beginners
- The SINGER Start 1304 Free Arm movable Sewing Machine contains 6 Built-In Stitches along with a built-in 4 step Buttonhole. The detachable storage section accommodates all sewing accessories that are easy-to-use and resourceful as well.
- This lightweight, compact, manageable and portable machine weighs only 7 pounds, thus making it suitable equipment for sewing in limited spaces or carrying to sewing class.
- Just follow the numbered diagram demonstrated on the sewing machine. The needle bar automatically gets disengaged while winding the bobbin thus making it a safer task. When bobbin gets completely filled, it automatically stops turning.
- The SINGER Start 1304 sewing machine is basic, uncomplicated and effortless machine. Contains functional 6 Built-in Stitches that are set with pre-set stitch width and stitch length. Simply choose your stitch and start sewing.
- WARRANTY: SINGER Start 1304 Start Free Arm Model Sewing Machine comes with 25 Year Limited Warranty.
- Easy to operate.
- Helps you with step by step directions and diagrams.
- Can handle a heavy duty fabric.
- Built in LED light.
- Built in thread cutter.
- Not noisy.
- Plastic parts of machine are sturdy and well-built.
- Twin needle machine.
- Unacceptably jams.
SINGER | Simple 3232 Portable Sewing Machine
- The SINGER 3232 portable sewing machine includes 32 built-in stitches, a built-in 1-step buttonhole, built-in needle threader and a heavy-duty metal frame that all these constructions turn your sewing into a breeze.
- Threading the machine is so easy that in a matter of seconds you can thread the entire machine, from the spool to the needle’s eye. The built-in needle threader aids you to thread the eye of the needle in an uncomplicated way.
- The SINGER 3232 sewing machine has a greatest speed of 750 stitches-per-minute, so larger projects can be sewn at a faster rate.
- The SINGER Simple 3232 can sew multiple layers of thick fabric. You can raise the presser foot to higher position for convenient and appropriate positioning of your fabric.
- It is definitely a serviceable sewing machine with a built-in needle threader, quick-and-easy threading, adjustable stitch length and width, free arm, and on-board accessory compartment.
- Press the conveniently situated automatic reverse button to sew in reverse and reinforce the stitching.
- The SINGER 3232 portable sewing machine includes all the essential accessories such as All-purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Edge / Quilting Guide, Pack of Needles, Thread Spool Caps, Bobbins, L-Screwdriver, Darning Plate and a soft-Sided Dust Cover.
- WARRANTY: SINGER Simple 3232 portable sewing machine comes with 25 Year Limited Warranty.
- Automatic needle threader.
- Easy to use.
- Comes with instructional manual and dvd.
- Helps you with its flawless use.
- Difficult to access the bobbin.
Brother LS2125i Easy-to-Use, Everyday Sewing Machine – [Best Sewing machine For Beginners]
- It is a large size and lightweight sewing machine which can be easily transferred from one place to another and is quite suitable for regular alterations and everyday sewing.
- Contains 10 built-in stitches, including blind hem, zigzag and stretch stitches.
- Brother LS2125i Sewing Machine serves you best with its Automatic 4-step buttonhole feature that helps you to make custom-sized buttonholes according to your specific buttons.
- Also equipped with free arm or flatbed usage, carrying handle, built-in storage, 3 presser feet, and much more.
- Comes with a bilingual instruction manual along with 25 year limited warranty and we serve you with free phone support for the maintenance of the machine. We do not propose you to use this machine in countries that do not bear 120V AC even if a voltage adapter is in use.
- Works on all thicknesses of material.
- Can handle a sturdy material.
- Includes basic built in stitches.
- Uncomplicated threading if you follow instructions.
- No fancy stitches.
- Not too stable as it meant to be portable.
SINGER 1507WC Easy-to-Use Free-Arm Sewing Machine with Canvas Cover
- It is time-saving equipment because of its quick-and-easy threading.
- You can conveniently customize your stitches due to its adjustable stitch length and zigzag width.
- Contains 8 built-in stitches with 1 fully automatic 4-step buttonhole that gives you a wide range of choices for sewing trendy apparels, crafts, home decorating and other sorts of decorative stitching.
- Equipped with four Snap-On presser feet that allow to stitch a project with maximum creativity.
- We also give you a Canvas Cover with singer1507WC sewing machine that protects the machine from dust and debris when not in use. .it is actually a 110 volt machine that is recommended to be used in United States and Canada only.
- Foot pedal controls the speed very well.
- Quiet machine.
- A sturdy machine.
- Tension is easily adjustable.
- Smooth reverse stitch.
- Cannot handle several thick layers of fabric.
Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
- This Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing nd Quilting Machine is a Feature-packed, multi skilled and a genuine equipment which is quite suitable for sewing, quilting, basic monogramming and decorative stitching
- Contains vast range of 130 stitches with additional sewing font for basic monogramming. Also serves you with its 8 styles of one-step auto-size buttonholes, beautiful decorative stitches, and stitches for clothing, quilting, and heirloom sewing
- Package contains an attached stitch flip-chart, removable foot controller, 8 specialty feet for overcasting, buttonholes, blind hems, zippers, quilting, and much more. It also gives you a continuous and high quality stitching through its durable threading of top thread and bobbin.
- It is furnished with unique quilting features that comprise of a detachable wide table, spring action quilting foot, 14 quilting stitch functions, and the capability to do free-motion quilting
- Comes with an instructional DVD and Bilingual users manual. We also offer you 25 year limited warranty and free phone support for the repair of the product. This machine is not suggested to be used in countries that do not support 120V AC, even if a voltage adapter is in use
- Machine measurements (H x W x D) :12.5″ x 19.25″ x 15.25″
- Greatest Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute) :850
- Buttonhole designs :8 One-step
- Super quiet.
- LED readout tells which presser foot to be used for a specific stitch.
- Plentiful decorative stitches.
- Contains push button as a replacement of foot pedal.
- Can sew through several layers of fabric.
- Easy to change feet.
- Easy to thread.
- The process of fill bobbin is very easy.
- Tension needs to be constantly adjusted.
- Do not last for long time.
Brother XL2610 Free-Arm Sewing Machine [Sewing Machine For Beginners]
- It is a Free-arm sewing machine which contains 25 built-in stitches and 59 stitch functions
- Equipped with Automatic buttonholer; automatic needle threader and built-in thread cutter
- Also serves you with Drop-in bobbin system and automatic bobbin winding system; contains a handle for carrying.
- Other features include Built-in light; power cord; foot control; sewing notions; and user manual also comes in package.
- We offer you a 25-year limited warranty.
- Contains an overlock stitch.
- Do not skip stitches while sewing thick fabrics.
- Reverse stitch.
- Super-fast bobbin winder.
- Very Easy to thread.
- Poorly manufactured.
- Hard to control foot pedal.
Brother XM1010 Best Sewing Machine For Beginners
- It is a large-sized although lightweight sewing machine which can be easily carried from one place to another, designed for everyday stitching and repairing.
- Contains 10 unique built-in stitches, including blind hem, zigzag and stretch stitches along with four-step auto-size buttonholer that make elegant and ideal buttonholes
- Also equipped with 4 additional sewing feet that comprise of Buttonhole, zipper, zigzag and button sewing feet
- Brother XM1010 sewing machine helps its users in sewing through its automatic bobbin Winder, jam-resistant drop-in top bobbin, easy stitch selector dial, reverse sewing, built-in free arm, thread tension control and bright LED lighting
- Comes with an Instructional DVD, Bilingual user manual and especially with 25-year limited Warranty along with free technical support for the maintenance of the product.
- Compact size.
- Contains enough stitches.
- No pressure regulator.
Other Sewing Machines For Beginners To Consider :
- Janome 2212 Sewing Machine For Beginners
- Brother XR9500PRW Project Runway Sewing Machine
- Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW Electric Sewing Machine – Recommended for beginners
- SINGER One Computerized Sewing Machine For Beginners
Factos to Consider Before Buying a Sewing Machine When you are a newbie and beginner to this field :
As you head towards market to buy a beginner machine, be considerate and specific in choosing one as there are some features which are needed to be available in such machines and these are as follows:
The availability of a foot pedal is a must feature as it will allow a sewer to utilize his both hands in some other task such as handling the fabric instead to operating a hand wheel.
Being a beginner, it will be definitely a tough task to sew something at a faster speed so a beginner machine must be containing a lever or a dial that helps to maintain required stitching speed. With the help of this feature, your sewing speed will not cross your selected boundary no matter how hard you press the pedal.
Stitch Selector Control :
Machines that provide straight and zig-zag stitch are quite adequate for beginners. However, a beginner’s machine must be equipped with stitch-length controller. For this a conveniently placed secondary dial is required to monitor the length of stitches and it must give you basic options. Short stitches are meant to lock the end of a seam, medium length stitches are for ordinary sewing, and long stitches are needed for basting and gathering fabric, such as when you are stitching a drawstring bag.
Thread Tension Controller :
A manual with a beginner’s machine must contain proper recommendations regarding thread tensions. This specific machine must again be equipped with a dial that helps to adjust the thread tension according to guided instructions.
Bobbin Winding System :
The bobbin system of a beginner’s machine must be designed in a way that serves you with convenient bobbin winding.
Button Holes :
A beginner machine is expected to make buttonholes by following as fewer steps as possible.
To accomplish simple sewing tasks, fewer accessories are required in a beginner’s machine. Such as uncomplicated set of needles and bobbins, machine oils, cleaning tools and 2 extra presser feet that include zipper foot and walking foot.
There must be a threading demonstration on a beginner’s machine in order to guide you with step by step threading process.
Decorative Stitches :
Also check the presence of simple and decorative stitches so that you can add a little bit creativity to your initial projects.
Frequently Asked Questions For Newbie Sewing Machines
I’m under 18 years old, can i use a sewing machine?
There is no age limit as long as you do the right way.
How much does a good beginner sewing machine cost?
The price varies according to the brand and functions, however expect to pay around $200 to $1500 for a good beginner friendly device. Majority of sewing devices are quite affordable, if you look around on Amazon. If you are willing to invest some time in learning some skills, my suggestion will be to go with a good machine with variety of functions.
What is the best brand of sewing machine for beginners?
If you ask a beginner friendly brand, then I go with most common and available brands in the market. For instance :
Which beginner sewing machine is best for home use?
Ideally any of the above mentioned sewing machine is good to be used, however Singer 4423 Sewing Machine is the popular choice by masses.
What can I sew as a beginners?
As a beginner, i know it may be a difficult choice for you to start with.You can create small clothes or napkins. Also check these Beginner Sewing Projects to get more ideas.
How Do You Find the Best Sewing Machines For Beginners?
Although manual and lower cost sewing machines are easy and good way to go but they usually require more work and effort on your side so as a beginner learning on them is slightly more difficult. Best sewing machine usually have multiple stitching options and various other functions but pricing and brand is another aspect.
What are some common problems for sewing machines?
Thread Tension is one of the primary issue with sewing machines. Either it’s too low or too high you are in trouble eitherway. Always look for a needle which have an eye that faces the front so that it cannot move up and down.
Resources on Beginners guide to Sewing Machines
Conclusion and Final Ending on Best Sewing Machine For Beginners 2019
Obviously, when you are starting out with sewing machine with relatively no experience at all, it’s a difficult job to go with, you don’t need a machine that is too advance to operate but at the same time, you also want good number of options and features with it, so when you learn it, you can use it on the full swing. The above list has been designed by keeping in mind this aspect, hopefully you will like it.