A serger is basically a professional and highly skilled form of a sewing machine that possesses exceptional features which you will not find in a simple sewing appliance. It plays a dominant role in imparting a superlative appearance to your homemade garments and is well renowned among the field of sewing equipment. A serger employs 3, 4 or 5 spools of thread to make a seam, cut off the raw edges and simultaneously gives an elegant finishing by producing complex stitches.
A serger is also known as over lock machine which means that it is particularly meant for neat and graceful finishing and is quite resourceful in dealing with seam allowances in a distinguished way. Seams sewn by a serger can be stretched and the stitches made by ordinary sewing machine get strengthened thus forming a durable construction. Sergers not only perform efficiently but they are also convenient to use.
Best Serger Sewing Machines Reviewed for 2020
Checkout the detail review on great serger sewing machines for Feb 2020.
Brother 1034D 3/4 Thread Serger with Differential Feed
- It is undoubtedly a genuine appliance which serves you best with its great performance. 3/4 thread serger provides skilled and perfect finishing on edges of wide variety of fabrics, including knits, linens and formal wear. Not only helps you to make ruffles, decorative edges but also gathers and join laces; serge narrow sleeves, spaghetti straps, and much more!
- Contains 22 built-in stitch functions that comprise of 4-thread over lock, 3-thread over lock, narrow, rolled hem, and ribbon lock stitches along with specialty stitch functions for making formal and bridal wear, home decor and crafts. Our product facilitates you with heirloom and reinforced tape applications as well.
- Brother 1034D 3/4 Thread Serger is equipped with Differential fabric feed that gives outstandingly proficient and smooth stitch quality on any sort of fabric whether the material is thin, knitted, or stretchy.
- Threading the machine is just a breeze and the device is unquestionably easy to learn and use; with the help of added instructional video, printed manual, and completely color-coded and numbered upper and lower looper threading. We also offer you free phone support for the maintenance of the product and the machine comes with 25-year limited warranty.
- Our appliance comes furnished with 2 snap-on feet, foot controller, soft cover, needles and much more. Requires standard sewing machine needles. Kindly note: This machine is not suggested to be used in countries that cannot support 120V AC, even if a voltage adapter is attached.
- Customer service contact number is 1-877-276-8437
- Functions perfectly
- Easy and quick to set
- Adjustable according to different fabric types
- Adjustable stitches regarding length and style
- Needs regular needles
- Quite responsive foot pedal
- Differential feed helps you to sew through any thickness of fabric
- Needs pre oiling before using for the first time
- poor quality machine
- Rattles around
JUKI MO654DE Portable Thread Serger Sewing Machine
- JUKI MO654DE Portable Thread Serger Sewing Machine is furnished with 2/3/4 Thread serger along with automatic rolled hem
- Contains Color coded threading breakaway looper external adjustment that helps with stitch length and differential feed.
- Equipped with strong and well-built knife system having dedicated drive mechanism
- Can sew through light to heavy weight fabrics. Greatest stitch Length provided by our device is 4mm
- It is undoubtedly a Safety Switch machine and will not operate when swing cover is open.
- Uncomplicated threading
- Helpful differential feed
- Reliable tension dial
- Super quiet
- Outstanding thread catcher
- Has small footprint
- Gives beautiful stitches
- Reasonable price
- Smooth machine
- Tension is difficult to adjust
Janome 7034D Magnolia 3&4 Thread Overlock Serger
- Contains Left/right needle thread tension dial
- Also equipped with Upper/lower thread tension dial
- Janome 7034D Magnolia 3&4 Thread Over lock Serger helps you through thread guide
- Facilitates you with its Upper knife release knob
- Features cutting width adjustment dial and a lot more other aspects!
- Good quality machine
- Versatile machine
- Works smoothly even after months of continuous use
- Makes no flaws
- Contains metal parts on the inner side
- Comes pre-threaded
- Cannot sew through several layers of fabrics
Brother Serger, ST4031HD, Strong and Tough Serger
- The Brother ST4031HD is a strong, sturdy and heavy-duty serger made with a metal frame and interior components.
- This Brother serger is definitely an authentic appliance which performs marvelously and contains 3 or 4 thread serger that can conveniently handle multiple layers of denim.
- The ST4031HD also facilitates you with a large extension table that helps to prevent heavy textile from pulling the needle and thread.
- Equipped with a well-made blade which is manufactured from extra hard metal that cuts edges smoothly thus giving excellent finish.
- Allows you to serge efficiently by giving up to 1,300 stitches per minute. Speed can be easily controlled with the help of a foot pedal.
- Easy to operate
- Gives good lighting
- Helpful thread stand
- Well-made and durable
- Quick machine
- Wide foot
- Contains bonus feet
- Suitable for sewing heavier fabrics
- Stitches nicely
- Great trimming blade
- Difficult to thread
Brother Designio Series DZ1234 Serger
- The DZ1234 Serger serves you best with its Blind Hem Stitch Foot, Gathering Foot and Piping Foot along with 2 sets of starter thread in order to furnish you with everything required to create customized, high-end finishes on all your projects. More than worth $75!
- Helps you to sew extremely quickly and make up to 1,300 stitches per minute to create couture-level fashions in an efficient way.
- Designed to facilitate you through its Easy Color-Coded Threading so you do not feel any frustration while threading your serger.
- The Differential Fabric Feed give a 0.7 – 2.0 ratio on many materials, even lightweight knits thus providing long lasting and consistent stitch quality virtually every time you sew.
- Conveniently allows you to adjust stitch width between 3.0mm and 7.0mm thus helping you to make a suitable stitch width for your project
- This machine is not suggested to be used in countries that cannot support 120V AC even if a voltage adapter is attached.
- Quiet and smooth
- Dials have default settings
- Easily controllable speed
- Threading is clearly demonstrated on machine
- Feet get switch on and off easily
- Affordable and functional
- Dials are not durable
Juki Pearl Line MO-654DE 2/3/4 Thread Serger
- Equipped with Snap-On Presser Feet
- Juki pearl line MO-654DE 2/3/4 thread serger serves you best with its Disengaging loopers that help you in quick and easy threading
- Also contains 2/3/4 Thread options and most importantly features Micro Safety Switch.
- Includes Sewing Guage built-in for precise seams.
- Bonus Pack consists of Juki MO-654DE 2/3/4 Thread Over lock Serger, Juki Serger Electronic Workbook CD, Juki Serger Instructional DVD Video, 8 Foot Kit , 50 Needles, 8 Cones of Maxi Lock Thread & Serger Tote Bag
- Real workhorse
- Machine comes pre-threaded
- Very responsive presser foot
- Enough bright light
- Significant parts are made up of real metal
- Not noisy
- Well manufactured
- Occupies little space
- Good quality stitches
- Gives you durable seams
- Threading annoys
Conclusion on Serger Sewing Machines :
This was sort of best selection on serger machines available in the market. Not every machine is bad and not every other machine has the features what you need to look on. Sometime the customer itself is not sure on what to opt for, so i have summarised few of the best serger sewing machines available in the market so you can select the best decision for yourself.