It’s always a good idea to teach some skills to your children so that they may learn how to survive independently. Sewing Clothes can be a good skill which they can learn in childhood and develop a new skill. This post is going to be a detailed review for Sewing Machine for Kids which are easy to use and can be used without much issue and much advance skills.
Best Sewing Machine For Kids for 2019 Reviewed :
Below is the list of top available sewing machines for kids available for the kids and children for August 2019
Janome Fastlane Fuschia Basic, Easy-to-Use, 10-Stitch Portable, Compact Sewing Machine with Free Arm only 5 pounds
- It is an absolutely Portable and Compact Sewing Machine and quite suitable for beginners, alterations and sewing on the go.
- Contains 10 Built-In Stitches that comprise of straight, zigzag, crescent with two needle positions
- Equipped with Free Arm, Accessory Storage, Easy Reverse and serves you with only five pounds
- Janome Fastlane Fuschia Sewing Machine also includes Threading Diagrams & Top Drop-In Bobbin with clear cover that helps for easy set-up.
- Its Presser Foot possesses Finger Guard in order to protect little fingers.
- Easy to learn
- Easy to use
- Good clear plastic ‘finger guard’ presser foot
- Easy to change stitch type
- Awesome color choices
- Fairly quiet
- No light
Sew Cool Machine
- The Sew cool machine has made sewing such a breeze with its threadless sewing studio.
- Extremely effortless to use with its No thread, no foot pedal, no bobbins to wind and no needles to thread mechanism.
- Talking about sew cool machine, the user requires no skill regarding technicality of sewing machines. Simply turn on, push the button and start sewing 1 of 9 included projects.
- Helps you to make stuffed characters, purses, pouches, pencil case and much more!
- The package contains: 1 Sew Cool Sewing Machine, 8 Sheets of Sew Cool Fabric, 3 Sew Cool Pre Cut Featured Projects, 1 Sew Cool Strap, 14 Pre-Cute Decorative Pieces, 8 Plastic Buttons, 1 Bag of Loose Stuffing, 1 Instruction Guide for Machine and 6 extra projects
- No fuss in regard to threading the machine and bobbin tensions etc
- Three felting needles are completely isolated from the user
- Safe for kids
- Perfect machine to start children sewing
- Machine needles jam a lot.
iBesi Mini Portable Sewing Machine,Kid’s Sewing Machine Handheld
- Kid sewing machine definitely enhances children’s imagination and hands-on ability. It is compact, awesomely designed equipment which is ideal for craftspeople, small projects or DIY experts using at home. Also it proves to be an attractive gift for children.
- Mini Electric sewing machine serves you best with its double thread, double speed, the featured two-line design and this all gives you premium-quality sewing for Jeans and all projects through required stitch control. It is so lightweight that it can be easily hung on your pegboard in your craft area.
- There are 2 speeds, low and high. The speed can be settled in a way that both novice and master can carry on their projects in a hassle-free manner. The low speed is perfect for beginners, suggested for ages 5 and up to operates the sewing machine.
- This adorable sewing machine is equipped with both foot pedal switch and a push button hand switch. You can choose from either of the two options that suits your interest. Kindly have an eye on the instructions before using the sewing machine, mishandling can stick the thread, break thread or the seam may not appear online or even machine can stop performing.
- Quite important to go through the instructions before using this sewing machine. Getting learned about the correct procedure is extremely necessary for any novice or even a master so that they can accomplish their projects conveniently.
- Great machine for price and size
- Simple to use
- User friendly
- Easy to store
- Does simple jobs perfectly
- Short cable
NEX Sewing Machine Children Present Portable Crafting Mending Machine
- Perfect for beginners and includes different speeds that guarantee safety. Comes with 1 year warranty.
- the direction of the needle and the uninterruption of winding must be appropriately checked and confirmed before sewing
- Measurements: 10.8 x 4.8 x 10.2inches. Kindly refer to the guidelines thoroughly before operating this machine!
- NEX Sewing Machine is unquestionably a lightweight and portable product which saves space and provides a light bulb for work space illumination. Allows you to sew with DC 6V or battery with foot pedal.
- A versatile sewing machine that contains 12 built-in stitch patterns and is quite ideal for numerous home sewing projects such as altering and creating clothing, crafting, quilting, home decor and much more.
- Variety of accessories
- Simple stitch guide is wonderful
- Battery operated
- Greatly helps in learning basics of sewing
- Stitch selector knob annoys
SINGER | Start 1234 Portable Sewing Machine with 6 Built-In Stitches
- The SINGER Start 1234 Free Arm Portable Sewing Machine contains 6 Built-In Stitches along with built-in 4-step Buttonhole. The detachable storage compartment accommodates its sewing accessories which are easy-to-use and versatile.
- This lightweight and portable machine weighs only 7 pounds, making it perfect for sewing in limited spaces or carrying to sewing class.
- To wind a bobbin, just follow the numbered diagram demonstrated on top of the sewing machine. The bobbin will mechanically stop turning when it’s completely filled.
- The SINGER Start 1234 sewing machine is extremely basic, simple, and convenient to utilize. Its 6 Built-in Stitches are all equipped with pre-set stitch width and stitch length also. Just choose your stitch and start sewing.
- It is equipped with wide range of accessories such as All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Darning Plate, Pack of Needles, Bobbins, Needle Plate Screwdriver, Spool Pin Felts, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Power Line Cord, Foot Control, Quick Start Guide and Instruction Manual.
- WARRANTY: SINGER Start 1234 Free Arm Model Sewing Machine comes with 25 Year Limited Warranty.
- Perfect for hemming pants
- Super light
- Easy threading
- Well made
- Instructions are easy to understand
- Jams if the material is too thick
- Bobbin annoys
Cool Maker – Sew N’ Style Sewing Machine with Pom Pom Maker Attachment
- The Sew N’ Style Machine is easy to use and guarantees safety.
- Pom pom maker attachment comes in package which easily makes pom poms and adds extra variety to any design!
- Includes sufficient fabric and accessories to sew five projects! Style string, ribbons and pom poms help you to add quality to your apparels and other crafts! All accessories can be conveniently placed in storage drawer.
- Cool Maker provides potential sewers all the needed tools required to sew amazing items. The Cool Maker Sew N’ Style Machine is intended for Cool Makers aged 6+. Requires 4xAA batteries which do not come with package.
- Things that come along: 1 Cool Maker Sew N’ Style Machine, 2 Sheets of Glitter Fabric, 2 Cool Maker Pre-Cut Projects, 1 Sheet of Cool Maker Fabric, 3 Cool Maker Decorative Fabric Pieces, 1 Page of Pop-Out Patterns, 1 Pom Pom Maker Attachment, 1 Piece of Stretch Fabric, 1 Bag of Stuffing, 1 Elastic, 1 Spool of Ribbon (3/8”x 50”), 1 Spool of Style String (252”), 2 Spools of Pom Pom Yarn (96”/bundle)and 1 Playbook.
- Great little craft kit
- Super safe
- Easy to use
- Does felting, not stitching
Brother XM1010 with 10 stitches, 4-Step Auto-Size Buttonholer
- It is a full-sized yet lightweight and portable sewing machine, structured for routine sewing and repairing.
- Brother XM1010 contains 10 unique built-in stitches that majorly comprise of blind hem, zigzag and stretch stitches along with four-step auto-size buttonholer for creating accurate buttonholes.
- The 4 sewing feet that are available with this machine are Buttonhole, zipper, zigzag and button sewing feet
- It also features automatic bobbin Winder, jam-resistant drop-in top bobbin, easy stitch selector dial, reverse sewing, built-in free arm, thread tension control and bright LED lighting and all these are meant to add convenience to your work.
- The machine comes with an Instructional DVD and Bilingual user manual along with 25-year limited Warranty. We also offer you with free technical support for the maintenance of the product.
- Helpful instructional video
- Easy to use
- Well-built, substantial workhorse
- Keeps your fabric in place
- Can handle multiple layers
- See through presser foot
- Short Foot pedal cord
Janome 11706 3/4 Size Hello Kitty Sewing Machine
- Serves you best with its eleven stitches and a four-step buttonhole.
- Also contains a free arm
- It is absolutely a portable sewing machine which is ideal for dorm rooms or taking to sewing class.
- As proficient as a heavy duty sewing machine
- Offers you an accessory compartment.
- Helpful front loading bobbin
- Easy to use
- Gives great and smooth stitch
- Easy to thread
- Can stitch through several layers of fabric
- Has basic necessary stitches
- Does not do fancy stuff
Michley-Tivax Lil’ Sew & Sew LSS-505 Combo Mini Sewing Machine, Electrical Scissors and 100-Piece Sewing Kit
- Kit contains: Sewing Machine, 100-piece Sewing Kit and Electric Scissors
Serves you best with its 8 Built-in Stitch Patterns
2 speeds for easy use.
Double Thread; expertise Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Helps you through Forward & Reverse Sewing
Assists you with double thread and plays an efficient role through its double speed
Sews sleeves very well
Package includes foot pedal, adaptor and thread bag
- Easy to thread
- No bobbin issues
- Easy to operate
- Long-lasting LED sewing light
- Automatic thread rewind
- Foot pedal is toyish in quality and small
Why Sewing Machine For Kids?
Never consider sewing an ordinary work. In fact, it is that essential life skill that not only broadens your vision but also allows you to turn any simple or you can say any boring sort of stitching in a more creative and thrilling task. It is an absolute key to wide variety of well-designed, stylish and trendy apparels and other crafts. Besides making you self-reliant, it not only provokes your inner creativity but your expressive attitude and resourcefulness also emerges out.
To Increase Productivity
So why not try to penetrate this competency in our kids to convert them into more productive beings. Never ignore any single clue of your daughter’s interest in stitching. If you find her trying to make variations in her doll’s outfit or you feel her keen observation in her own clothing like if she make several unexpected seam or thread related questions to you about the garment she is wearing then do not let her words pass by.
It is the time when you can actually enhance her interest by providing her with a kid sewing machine. Here I do not mean about the toy machines that you will find in departmental stores in toy section but various brands offer you wide range of sewing machines that are meant for kids only. These are the real beginner machines that can allow your kid to take a sewing initiative by fulfilling her desires regarding her doll’s wardrobe and ultimately forms a strong foundation in strengthening her stitching skill.
I Believe that kids who start doing sewing at a young age are opened up to a world of creativity and can do wonders over the time.
Features to look before buying a sewing machine for kids:
Overall what is required in a kid sewing machine is that it should be effortless enough not to irritate a child’s innocent mind. Moreover, lightweight and protective machines are highly appreciated products in regard to kids. Although, there are some detailed features which you should not forget to consider while making a research for your precious gem. These features are as follows:
Foot Pedal with Push Button
Some machines offer you a foot pedal while others serve you with a push button. If you find it challenging for your child to operate with a foot pedal then go for sewing machine equipped with a push button.
Safety of Machine
While checking on the feet feature, try to prioritise the safety of your kid. The feet must not be sensitive to a slighter touch and should be manufactured in a way to keep a machine in total control of a child. This will eventually safeguard your kid’s finger from being sewn with the fabric.
Auto Needle Threader
Your chosen sewing machine must serve your kid with an auto needle threader or there must be an easy-to-flow diagram that can help your child in a best possible manner to practice threading.
Present that sewing machine to your child that gives an even or consistent speed which enables your kid to completely control the equipment. Models having pedals are not effective in this case as higher skill and advanced level is required to handle them. Automatic stop button is a good option to stop the machine immediately in case of any trouble.
Wide Range of Stitches for Kids
Your child will feel himself tangled in a mess if his machine will offer him wide range of stitches. 6 stitches are enough if you really want to boost his interest.
Bobbin slot must be easily approachable and bobbin winding should be a breeze because your child cannot cope with any sort of fuss regarding bobbin.
Never go for that sewing machine for your child that does not offer you a warranty. It is a highly needed aspect because kids get rough with their machines.
Additional Resources and FAQ
What is the easiest sewing machine to learn on for kids
All the machines mentioned above are children friendly. However my personal best will be Singer 4423 Sewing Machine because it has the best of both worlds. It’s easy to use and also it offers a lot more functionality.
At what age can a child use a sewing machine?
There is no defined age limit however you need to see certain factors before letting them to learn sewing machine, such as ability to learn new skills, seriousness and other factors. Typically, children’s above 5 years of age are good to go.
Is learning to use a sewing machine hard?
Not really. The process and learning of a sewing machine is very easy and you can master it within few days/weeks.
What Are the Prices of the Best Sewing Machines For Kids?
As per Amazon, most of the sewing machine for kids and children are usually around $100 however with more safety features, functions and service the price may go as far as $300.
Final Ending and Conclusion on Sewing Machine For Kids :
I have tried to write all the information i knew about best sewing machines for children & kids so you can take the best decision about them. For obvious reasons, it’s not easy to select a machine which is designed exclusively for kids and children but this list will definitely help you in starting off, Good luck!
Just keep in mind that choose the sewing machine which is high on safety features.